Sapa is one of the most wonderful places in Asia, as well as a magical combination of landscapes, ethnic cultures and bracing mountain air. There are excellent areas for discovering the lifestyle through traditional markets. Can Cau and Bac Ha markets are both very well known. On this trip you will have the opportunity to visit one of the smallest local markets and the largest ones in the same area. The market provides a variety of local products such as corn wine, handicraft as well as an interesting animal market. You will also enjoy a short walk to Ban Pho village of Nung and Flower Hmong and a boat ride up stream Chay River.
- GVST – SP09
- Hanoi – Lao Cai – Can Cau market – Bac Ha market – Ban Pho village – Trung Do – Coc Ly.
- 2 Days/ 3 Nights
- Every Friday from Hanoi
- Hanoi / Hanoi
- Sapa Market Tour
- Regular itinerary – Suitable for travelers.
- Absolutely good, please tell us your holiday wish list!
- Private tour designs for any group size upon your request.
- Our trip would love to offer you great, unique experience when you step to the ethnic market Can Cau and Bac Ha markets.
- It is not only the market but also a place for trading and exchanging local goods and products, as well as a meeting place for young people who seek partners by singing love songs, playing pan-pipes and mouth organs
Day 1-Taking overnight train from Hanoi city to Sapa.
Day 2-Visiting Can Cau market (Saturday) and Ban Pho village
Day 3-Visiting Bac Ha market (Sunday) – Trung Do – boat trip to Coc Ly. Train back to Hanoi
Day 1: Hanoi – Lao Cai (night train)
We will pick you up at your hotel in Hanoi at 7.00 pm and transfer you to Hanoi train station for the overnight train to Lao Cai province. Experience the romantic overnight train travel.
Day 2: Can Cau Market on Saturday – Ban Pho village (B, L)
Arrive at Lao Cai station at 6.00am. Do a little bit morning exercise, feel ready for our trip. Then we will transfer you to CanCau market. It takes more than 2 hours to get to Can Cau – a small market situated in a valley surrounded by mountains and only 7 km from China. The market deeply shows the typical cultural features of the minorities in remote mountainous areas in Vietnam. Further more, you can enjoy seeing boys and girls in colourful costumes – different colours of the mountains. They attend the market in the hope of finding “the other halves of their lifves” and this is also the time for them to chat, to exchange everything among different ethnic peoples through cups of wine sold in the market and have lunch there. Say goodbye to the market and transfer to Bac Ha town. On the way, spend time visiting a village of the Flower H’mong and then check in hotel in Bac Ha. In the afternoon, you will take a walk to Ban Pho village of Nung and Flower H’mong, which is located in a small valley. The villagers grow vegetables and fruit trees. One of the most famous fruits of the area is plum. You will go back to the hotel late in the afternoon and then have dinner in a local restaurant.
Day 3: Bac Ha market on Sunday – Trung Do – Boat trip to Coc Ly (B, L)
After having a morning coffee, you take a short walk to visit the old castle of the former H’mong King. From there you can have a view over the town. You will then visit the huge market of Bac Ha with its colorful array of ethnic minority people such as Flower Hmong, Phu La, Black Dao, Tay, Nung who gather to buy and sell. After spending the whole morning exploring the market, your lunch will be served in a local restaurant. After lunch, you drive downhill for about half an hour then start a short walk to Trung Do village, which belongs to the Tay minority. Here you can visit a traditional Tay house, before getting on a boat. You will have a cruise upstream the Chay River to experience the picturesque scenes on the river banks. You will then cruise down stream to the Bao Nhai bridge, where you get on the car for the journey back to Lao Cai station for the overnight train to Hanoi.
Price & Include:
Prices are in USD, per person, based on double occupancy.
- Pick-up and transfer by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the program.
- Return overnight train tickets in 4-berth cabin (A/C wooden soft sleeper). If you would like to upgrade to the private 2-berth cabin, please contact us.
- Twin /double sharing room at standard hotel.
- Travel in an appropriate private air-conditioned vehicle and/or a private jeep with an experienced safe driver.
- Meals as mentioned in program (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner) in the local restaurants or picnics where no suitable restaurant available.
- Local English speaking guide (other language guide is upon your request).
- Freshen up service.
- Entrance fees, sight seeing fee for all visits as mentioned in the program.
- All taxes and service charge.
- We’ll arrange Vietnam visa (1 month, single entry) for all members of your group for free of charge
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Drinks, tips, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Other things not clearly mentioned in the included list.
What to bring?
- Original passport with valid visa
- Camera and rolls of film
- Sun block
- Sun glasses
- Wide brim hat
- Comfortable shoes
- Rain gear
- Warm clothes
- Small amount of cash
- Personal medicines
- Insect repellent
- Joy and big smiles