The purpose of this Central Vietnam School Trip is to give students the chance to visit Hoi An an ancient town, the chance to learn about the thousand years old Vietnamese culture, and enjoy authentic Hanoian cuisine. We also offer students the chance to volunteer with us to help the local community, to experience the local culture and to share what they have learnt in life with local students.
Day 1: Danang – Hoi An –Arrival (L/D)
Meet upon arrival Danang airport, Teachers and students will be transferred to hotel in Hoi An ancient town. Check in hotel and take rest of the day at leisure.
12:00 PM. Lunch will be served at the fine local restaurant
13:00 PM. Start our Hoi An half day city tour
17:30 PM. Back to hotel, take a short rest till dinning time.
19:00 ~ 21:30 PM. Enjoy dinner at hotel.
Accommodation: Van Loi Hotel – 3 Stars
Day 2: Hoi An – Farming & Fishing Villages – Basket Boat Racing (B/L/D)
7:00 AM: Having breakfast will proceed to the local school located outside of Hoi An known as for the service learning by split the group for doing the wall painting, learning song and playing game.
8:30 AM: Upon arrival will be greeting and welcome by the local principle, teachers and group of students. Our students group from Singapore will divide into 2 teams for exchange experiences.
– Group A: Follow to the local carpenter for doing the color painting to the wall of the school (for 2classrooms, interior and exterior of the classroom) as well as making the playground 2 swings, 1seesaw for the school.
Will follow the local carpenter to cut the woods, polishing, nailing, as well as painting for the 2full days of CIP.
(Please be note: (the group could make painting, polishing the wood only, the rest of the work will finish by our local carpenters as the group still young-age)
– Group B: Will follow to the local guide to assist for translation and learning some songs and playing game as well as making Hygiene Session. This group will work under the helping translation of 1 local English speaking guide. (You will have to try your best and your community skills to interact with local children without translators for sometime)
12:00 PM. Our lunch will be served at the Tra Que Restaurant.
13:30 PM. We will start our Basket boat racing – It is one of the funniest and most exciting games in competition about the waterways life of the local fishing people in central region of Viet Nam. It is designed and organized for the incentive group who travels to Hoi An for a visit and to have a memorable and great experience trip
Supposed we had 100 of guests, the basket boat race program would be described as below:
- We will divide 100 of guests into 10 Teams. Each team willhave 10persons, each of team will be offered 1 basket boat
- We will give put a name for each of team a favorite animals like: Shark, crocodile, tuna, dolphin….
- We will lead the first group of 5 teams playing first, 5 teams will start racing, each of team has 2 persons rowing for one turn, we will play 5 rounds all together within 20 minutes. The winner is the one who is the fastest returning from their flag destination with the most plenty of fishes they caught ( Fishes will be hanging at the Flag’s destination, each of the team has their own flag) . We will get 2 teams as the No 1 and No 2 as winners from the first round
- The Second round will do the same with the other 5 teams left. They will do the same like the first group did. And we will also choose the winners of the second group as No 1 and No 2.
- The final race will be held between the winners from No 1 and No 2 of the first group versus with the winners of the second group of No 1 & No 2. We will find the Champion of the game later on. The Champion will be awarded with special gifts from Hoi An Eco-tour organizer. The second and The third will also receive gifts.
Our basket racing boat will finish at around 17:00 PM. Then we will drive back to our hotel in town. Take a short rest before dinner.
19:00 PM. Enjoy our delicious dinner at the local restaurant in town.
Day 3. Hoi An – My Son Holly land (B/L/D)
At 08:00 AM, our guide and driver will meet teachers and student at the lobby of the hotel, then we will depart from Hoi an town to My Son Holy Land
Located in a lush valley, My Son was a capital and religious center of Cham people, now remaining with red brick towers and sanctuaries. My Son, considered being in the same league as some of Southeast Asia’s greatest archaeological sites, including Angkor in Cambodia, Bagan in Myanmar, Ayutthaya in Thailand and Borobudur in Indonesia. These towers and sanctuaries were built from the 7th to 13rd centuries.
11h30 AM: Transfer to Hoi An for lunch. After relax, it is light excursion to go around tiny town of Hoi An for city tour: 400 years old Japanese Bridge, 300 years old Chinese temples, 200 years old Vietnamese former merchants’ houses.
We will transfer back to your hotel at around 16.30 pm. Take rest of the day at leisure, explore the town by your own.
19:00 PM. Enjoy our delicious dinner at the hotel.
Accommodation: Van Loi Hotel – 3 Stars
Day 4: Hoi An – Departure
After breakfast, time at leisure until transfer to the airport for our departure flight. Tour ends.