Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau – Hang Kia village (10 km)
Day 2: Hang Kia – Van village (20km)
Day 3: Van village – Poong Cong village (Mai Chau) (25km)
Day 4: Mai Chau – Hanoi
Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau – Hang Kia village (10 km) (L, D)
In the morning we depart Hanoi for 3.5 hour drive to Mai Chau. Following lunch in Poong Coong village we drive to Sa Linh from where we commence a 3-hour trek to Hang Kia, the village belongs to Blue H’mong people. Home stay at Hang Kia village.
Day 2: Hang Kia – Van village (20km) (B, L, D)
Today we get well and truly off the beaten track as we trek through tropical rain forest. Arrive at Van village by late
afternoon. Van is home to the Thai people, we spend the night in a traditional house.
Day 3: Van village – Poong Coong village (Mai Chau) (25km) (B, L, D)
After breakfast, today we will have 6-hour trek to Poong Coong, the village belongs to white Thai people. We will trek through many picturesque Thai villages. On the way we will stop at Xo village for our picnic lunch. We arrive at Poong Coong village in the late afternoon. Overnight in home stay.
Day 4: Mai Chau – Hanoi (B, L)
In the morning we take a pleasant walk to some nearby village, we also have chance to visit Mai Chau market. We will have lunch in the village and we head back to Hanoi in the afternoon. Trip concludes in your hotel in Hanoi
Accommodations at basic local home stay
All meals indicated in the itinerary (4 lunches, 3 Dinners, 4 Breakfast)
A/C transfers & transport by private car, van or coaches, with a reasonable supply of drinking water
Water during trek
Entrance fees & permits
Local speaking English tour guide/s (Other languages upon requests)
Trip Price Excluded:
Meals and beverage not mentioned in the itinerary
Personal travel insurance (Compulsory)
Tips and gratuities
Others not mentioned in the itinerary
Please be advised that the local home stay is not the hotel and the home stay is exactly in the condition how the local people live. The home stay has a squad toilet and no shower. It is very basic. We always try to choose the clean enough home stay to offer our clients. But please do not expect too much at a local home stay. This is a part of experience when you take this trip.
Hang Kia Village: basic local H’mong home stay – Thatch rood house
Van Village: Basic White Thai Home stay – House on stilts
Poong Coong Village: Basic White Thai Home stay – House on stilts
About the home stay:
– The H’mongs’ home stays are in very basic condition, we will stay with a local family with three generations. Viet Vision Travel supported local people by provide local home stay all the equipments for tourists including: mats, blankets, and mosquito nets.
– The White Thai home stay is very clean and in a better condition. We stay in the house on stilts. The family provides us clean mats (quite hard), mosquito nets, blankets, pillow.
– If you have any specific food requirements (vegetarian, vegan, food allergies) please inform us in advance so that we can provide notice to our cook and local people so that they sang server you better.
– We will have a cook (local people) go with us and cook for us until Poong Coong Village. The cook will prepare pick nick lunches and accompany us the whole time in Mai Chau.
– Some meals are prepare and cook by local family
Meals are included as specified in the itinerary. Meal codes are: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner.