Ha Giang – Off The Beaten Path – 3 Days/ 2 Nights tour allows you to trekking through the hill-tribe villages and offer you the chances to experience the real life of the local H’mong, Nung, Black Dao, Dao “Ao Dai”, the La Chi ethnic who live for decade among karts forest and terraced paddy fields. This 3 day trip is special designed for those who look for an off-the-beaten path trek to remote area with less touristic, Green Discovery Indochina will bring you to the remote hill-tribe villages where the local life conditions are very simple and basic. The accommodation and the food are also local and simple, we encourage you to try the local foods to immerse yourself into the local culture and custom.
Day 1: Hanoi – Ha Giang – Tay Village – Dzao Village (Estimate 6 hours Trek) (-/Lunch/ Dinner)
Depart from our hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter at 7:00 AM. Drive forward Ha Giang. Our lunch will be served at local restaurant. Arrival in Ha Giang in the mid afternoon, after taking short rest then we will start our trekking tour to Tay ethnic village.
The village has around 100 households, dominated by the Tay ethnic minority. We will head down to the village path for about one hour before making the first stop for visiting a house of the Tay ethnic. Spend 30 minutes for exploring their traditional house, customs and traditions.
We keep trekking uphill for around two more hours through primitive forest, tea plantations and terraced paddy fields. We arrive then in a village of the Black Dzao, located by the hillside.
Enjoy our picnic lunch on the way before reach the Black Dzao village.
In the afternoon, we continue hiking uphill for another 3.5 hours before arrive Dao “Ao dai” village. The attire of the Dao men consists of trousers and short vests. Women’s attire is more diversified and is often decorated with many traditional motifs. A distinctive bonnet of black and red material embroidered at the edges and decorated with coloured tassels and small coins is also worn. There you have time for a short walk before having dinner at local home.
Day 2: Dzao Village – La Chi Village (Estimated 7 hours trek) (Breakfast/Lunch/ Dinner)
After breakfast, provided at local home, we will trek downhill for about a half hour from the Dzao village to a Nung’s village where both the Nung and the Dzao live together. With a total population of over 700,000 the Nung constitute the seventh largest ethnic minority group in Vietnam. Nung communities are found today mainly in Cao Bang and Lang Son provinces, but they are also settled in parts of Ha Giang province.
We keep trekking uphill for about three more hours until reach a summit pass.
Arrival at the top of the pass at about 12.30, we will take rest and enjoy our picnic lunch.
We spend the afternoon admiring the beauty of terraced rice fields, the tea plantations of the Dzao “Ao dai” and the La Chi. The hiking trail of the afternoon trek is larger, easier taking you to La Chi village at about 16.00.
Enjoy homes-hosted dinner and spend the night at local home.
Day 3: La Chi Village – Hoang Su Phi (Breakfast/Lunch/ Dinner).
Breakfast will be served at homestay. After breakfast, we will departure to Hoang Su Phi. We will follow a dirt road which leads to another community of the La Chi ethnic minority. There is a stop is scheduled for your discovery of the Vietnam smallest ethnic group.
Follow a small trail that runs in zigzag through green forest and isolated villages of the H’mong, the Tay and the Nung, the trek last for about three hours before you make a short stop for lunch.
We will arrive Hoang Su Phi town at mid afternoon. Lying at the bottom of towelling Tay Con Linh mountains, Hoang Su Phi is famous not only for its most beautiful terraced fields but also its traditional market where people from the ethnic minority groups of Tay, Nung, Dao and H’Mong gather from early morning to mid-day every Sunday. Overnight in Hoang Su Phi.
Day 4: Hoang Su Phi – Hanoi (Breakfast/Lunch/-).
Hoang Su Phi Market is one of the most interesting markets in the north of Vietnam and multiple minorities come for the Sunday Market. This is the traditional market for local villagers to meet and purchase their products with each other such as rice, wine corn, cassava, bamboo shoots, eggs, fruits and poultry for a weekly store of foods. Many have to walk a dozen kilometres from Ban Luoc, San Xa Ho and Nam Ty hamlets to join other ethnic minority people wearing colorful costumes on their way to the market.
After breakfast, we then walk to the market for a two hour visit and then drive back to Hanoi. Our lunch will be served at local restaurant on the way back.
Arrive Hanoi in the late afternoon. Tour ends.
The itinerary above could be customized to suit your desire, feel free to get in touch with us for the ideas and best quotation.
Tour Price: Please contact us to get the best price.
- Entrance Fees: To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
- Meals: All meals as specified in the itinerary with authentic Vietnamese food.
- Private Transfers: Transfers between hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above). Your comfort is our priority!
- Guide: As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city they will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
- Hotels: Hotel fees are based on two people sharing with Double (Twin) Rooms. All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily Western or Local breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Home–stay in Ha Giang
- Daily 02 bottle of mineral water/ person/ day
- Ethnic Villages admission fees and documents
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Excess Baggage Charges. Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
- Personal Expenses: Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement
- International insurance