This 5 days trekking adventures on Ba Be National Park takes you into the remote jungle on the western side of Ba Be National Park and gives you the opportunity to experience the real jungle. It is suitable for people who love adventure and least moderate to good fitness levels and a good spirit of adventure. You will have chance to explore many ethnic villages along the Nang river and around Ba Be national park as: Tay, Dzao tien, Hmong ethnic minorities…
Day 1: Hanoi – Ba Be National Park – Pac Ngoi Village
Day 2: Pac Ngoi Village – Coc Toc Village – Dau Dang Waterfall
Day 3 : Dau Dang Waterfall – Dzao Tien Ethnic villages
Day 4 : Dzao Tien Ethnic villages – Bo Lu Village
Day 5: Bo Lu Village – Ba Be Lake – Hanoi
Day 1: Hanoi – Ba Be National Park – Pac Ngoi Village (L, D)
At 7:00 AM: We will depart from Hanoi, we embark on a route up into mountain areas north of Hanoi. On the way pay a visit to the Thai Nguyen Minority and Culture Museum where we can learn something about the culture and traditions of the different minority groups in Vietnam. Lunch is at a local restaurant and then onward to Ba Be National Park. This is one of the largest natural lakes in Vietnam, the landscape dominated by scenic valleys, towering rocky outcrops, underground river tributaries, and a gigantic cave. It is also home to a huge variety of flora and fauna and several local ethnic minorities, including the Tay, Red Dao and Hmong.
Following an exploration of a spectacular cave, we hike around small villages and along the riverfront. The night is spent with a local family in the traditional house of a Tay family to experience their way of life.
Day 2: Pac Ngoi Village – Coc Toc Village – Dau Dang Waterfall (B, L, D)
After breakfast at our home-stay, our Green Discovery Indochina’s tour guide will take you to visit the Coc Toc village where Tay people live by fishing. Crossing the Pelu stream, you will then have some rough terrain to cover. However as you gain height it will all be worth the effort for the views and fantastic scenery you will see. We will continue on to the upland and stop in H’mong ethnic village where we will have a picnic lunch.
In the afternoon the guide will take you through mountains and valleys and you will see the stilt houses and the school of the Dzao Tien village. You will carry on through the trails with your guide to visit H’mong ethnic village then go down through the forest to visit Dau Dang waterfall which borders the two provinces of Bac Kan and Tuyen Quang. After that you will have dinner with ‘Mr Pirate’ who is main actor in “Ba Be Lake Pirate Movie” but you should watch out for the corn wine he may offer! Overnight at home-stay.
Day 3 : Dau Dang Waterfall – Dzao Tien Ethnic villages (B, L, D)
Breakfast at the home stay. We will stroll on river shore (Nang river) to see how local people fishing before enter a village of the Tay ethnic minority followed by a simple picnic lunch. In the afternoon, we will enjoy a 3-hour trek to the village of Dzao Tien Ethnic village, on a track accessible only to walkers and horses, through beautiful untouched scenery. Before reaching the village we stop at a primary school to meet the children who will be curious to meet you. Dinner and overnight with a local family.
Day 4 : Dzao Tien Ethnic villages – Bo Lu Village (B, L, D)
Breakfast at the Homestay. We continue our trek (2 hours walk) to the village of Tay ethnic village. The trekking route today is largely downhill and basically it is easier and shorter compared to the previous day. We take a boat to discover Puong cave and the virgin beauty of the Nang River. The cruise takes us through some spectacular scenery and the stunning limestone cliffs that frame the lake and we continue into the centre of Ba Be Lake, the largest and highest natural lake in Vietnam. Disembarking from the boat, we’ll trek to Pac Ngoi Village, a village of the Tay ethnic people famous for their houses-on-stilts. Dinner and overnight will be in Bo Lu village in a local house.
Day 5: Bo Lu Village – Ba Be Lake – Hanoi (B, L)
Breakfast at the Home-stay. On the way back to Hanoi, we will visit Cho Chu prison which was built in 1942, and held many Vỉetnamese revolutionary politicians (Việt Minh). We should arrive in Ha Noi around 6pm and you will be ped off at your hotels.. Tour ends.
- Entrance Fees: To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
- Meals: All meals as specified in the itinerary with authentic Vietnamese food.
- Private Transfers: 7 seats car – Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above). Your comfort is our priority!
- Guide: As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city they will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
- Accommodations: Basic ethnic home-stay, share the house with local people with daily Western or Local breakfast.
- Boat trips in Ba Be Lake
- Ethnic villages fees and admissions
- Daily 02 bottle of mineral water/ person/ day
- Ethnic Villages admission fees and documents
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Excess Baggage Charges. Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm.
- Personal Expenses: Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement
- International insurance